www.flickr.com

Thursday, October 18, 2007

We're heading to Reno!

A bunch of colleagues from the Massachusetts School Library Association are winging it to Reno this week for the 13th AASL National Conference and Exhibition: The Future Begins@Your Library.

To prepare for the conference, I'm reading Daniel Pink's A Whole New Mind. Daniel will be giving the keynote address at the opening session on Thursday. The book charts the rise of right-brain thinking in modern economies and explains the six abilities individuals and organizations must master in an outsourced and automated world. I'm finding the implications for our profession fascinating, exciting and a little unsettling, so I'm really looking forward to this talk.

I invite my sidekicks to introduce themselves in separate messages. Watch this space for posts throughout the conference.

No comments: