www.flickr.com

Monday, October 22, 2007

"Click your heels, Dorothy..."

The first national conference I attended was the 2003 AASL in Kansas City....there was a picture of Dorothy's red shoes in the hotel and I kept thinking of the line, "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore." It was an "Oz" of workshops, networking, new products, and vendors. I vowed to put a priority on attending future AASL conferences because they represent the pinnacle of learning opportunities for the library leader. In 2005, I made good on my vow and attended the AASL in Pittsburg .... again I experienced the wonder of a perfect professional experience. Now, as I pack my bags, and anticipate the fun of traveling with my "library buddies", I know about the tornado of excitement and learning ahead. I know that the "yellow brick road" will take us to Emerald City. Reno, here we come!

No comments: