www.flickr.com

Monday, October 22, 2007

Almost ready to roll!

I am looking forward to our time in Reno and eager to hop on the plane and get started on that journey. Although it's difficult to imagine being eager to work my way through the airport and all that entails, but I am. I have attended other AASL conferences and am always thrilled to network with colleagues from around the world. Today it's easy to meet other folks in the profession and keep in touch via e-mail and touching base at conferences. What marvelous opportunities present themselves. I still attend every opening session and marvel that all of these people work at the same job that I do, understand what I do and am attempting to do for our students' educations, and even serve on the same AASL committees and task forces that I do.

This is the the year of exciting opportunities for our profession, with the SKILLS Act, higher visibility, and the unveiling of our new standards at Reno. I believe that each person should try to attend an AASL conference at least once in his or her career. The professional development, learning and networking opportunities, and chance to make a difference are unsurpassed.

I look forward to blogging from Reno and you can guarantee that I will keep in touch with all of you.

No comments: