www.flickr.com

Friday, October 19, 2007

Heading to Reno....

I can't wait to get to Reno. AASL conferences are the best because they really concentrate on issues related just to school libraries. If ever there is a conference you should try to attend once in a lifetime, AASL would be the right choice. I too am hoping to read Dan Pink's book before I hear him speak. Since MA has become a P21 state I have been involved with learning more about the ICT, information communication technologies, that we already teach and will need to integrate in our school's curriculums. I am hoping to find how other school districts across the nation are able to work around district filters and policies that will not allow even the teaching staff to access some of these 2.0 and social networking resources. If our students know how to use them and circumvent the proxies that block them I think it is time to start teaching how to use them safely and effectively...hopefully I will have some thoughts to share back at our own conference in Sturbridge next month! :-) Sandy

No comments: